Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Pervert!

I watched a terrible movie on Netflix last night. It's meant to be bad though, so has a certain charm.  Badly written, mostly badly acted, poor production values, laughable special effects, juvenilia, moderate but nevertheless gratuitous nudity, misogyny, misandry, homophobia, etc.

I short, a genuine, not up its own arse B movie.  Think Inseminoid rather than Waterworld.

I'd recommend not watching it unless you're willing to embrace its deliberate awfulness.  The first frame should probably put you off...


Darrell Sandeen actually put in as credible a performance as was possible. Juliette Clark also looked as though she might be able to act, though there wasn't much call here. The rest of the cast's acting was atrocious.

Having described most of the plot to a colleague, Bobby, over lunch today,  another, John, who I'd venture is more of a movie buff, sat with us…

Me: "I've been telling Bobby about terrible film I watched last night".
John: "What was it?"
Me: "Pervert! In essence, a homage to Russ Meyer"
John: "Fantastic large breasted women in the desert?"
Bobby:"That's exactly what he said!", amazed that John worked this out from the exchange.

I think it was worth watching it just for that bit of conversation.  For the stop-motion, voodoo-cursed, detached, sentient, penis monster,  not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment