Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Thursday 30 December 2010

Budgeting

I've been looking at my bank statements for the last 6 months to try to figure out where all the money's gone. I seem to spend a lot, but I don't actually buy much. Or at least I don't have much to show for it, except an expanding waistline.

My plan for 2011 is to have a budget. Unavoidable things will still go out as direct debits, petrol will go on the debit card. Food and drink will come out of a weekly cash allowance, and when it's gone, it's gone. If I want something, I'm going to save for it. I hope to find that by the time I've saved enough to make the purchase, I'll no longer really want it. I also hope that by using real cash, I'll become more aware of what I'm spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment