Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Friday 17 September 2010

Obama's religion

I can't remember what I was discussing with a friend of mine last night, but it led me to say "Obama probably isn't a Christian".

My friend looked at me as though I was mad. As though I'd said something deeply offensive.

"What do you mean ?", he demanded.

I looked puzzled at his reaction, and replied, "Well, he's an intelligent man. He's more likely to be a closet atheist. He'd be unelectable if he didn't do the whole Christian thing"

He relaxed.

"Oh. Thank fuck for that! For a moment I thought you'd gone mad and that you thought he was a Muslim!"

Oh how we laughed. For quite a long time.

Interestingly, I read this today. I may have to revise my opinion, but my experience suggests that most Christians are either non-practising believers, or practising-non-believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment