Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Monday 13 September 2010

The iPod Nano (the crap one)

I've not tried one, but initial impressions aren't good. It looks ugly. A touch interface feels inappropriate with such a small screen.

All of the 'but for a little bit more, you can get an iPod Touch' harping, though, just reminds me of when the iPod mini was introduced, and people all said it was stupid to save a few quid when a full sized iPod has way more storage.

I think if this nano fails, it won't have anything to do with price/features, it'll be because it's a bit ugly, and difficult to use.

The new iPod nano is a fifth of the weight of the new iPod Touch. (≃20g vs ≃100g)

The new iPod Touch is almost five times the volume of the new iPod Nano. (2.8 cubic inches versus 0.6 cubic inches)

I guess the iPod Nano is the gym iPod. It's small and light and has a clip. As such it's certainly more niche. I'd expect far fewer sales of iPod Nanos versus iPod Touch, but that doesn't mean it's failed, it just indicates how the market has segmented.

No comments:

Post a Comment