Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Lovely MISO font from omkrets

Don't know much 'bout typography, I quite like Papyrus, for example, which is probably wrong, but I do despise Comic Sans, so my eyes must work a bit…

There's a lovely looking free font available from omkrets called Miso:

Picture of MISO font

There are different weights, but they're equally spaced, so you can have normal and bold fit into the same space. The technical terms from the PDF descibing the font are 'Equal stroke height, varying baseline' and 'equal glyph width'. Maybe lots of fonts do this, but it looked like genius to me.

I think I'd like a monospaced version for coding with, but there are probably very good reasons why this won't work. Are there any good sans serif monospaced types ? Would the 'i's would look all wrong ?

1 comment:

  1. I've used Monaco for coding in since I've got my Mac. This is quite a nice article with a number of fonts suitable for programming.

    ReplyDelete