Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Saturday 10 July 2010

Setting Up for Productive Procrastination

There's only so much time, and much of it is wasted. I'm going to try to waste less of it by means of this cunning plan:

I'm unsubscribing from some RSS feeds and subscribing to some others.

I threw out the MacDailyNews feed a while ago, and it felt quite liberating. Today I've gone further. MacWorld, MacUser, TUAW, AppleMatters etc, in fact, the whole folder called 'Apple News' has been chucked.

I'm thinking of chucking 'Tech News' too (The Register, Wired, Ars Technica), but haven't plucked up the courage yet.

The feeds I'm subscribing to are all blogs. They're blogs by professionals software testers. It's what I do, but I don't think much about it, I don't read much about it, and I'm not really getting any better at it. I want to. Pretty much all the books I've read on testing cover the same old stuff and are, frankly, uninspiring.

So I'm looking to real people for inspiration instead. Wish me luck.

I'm starting with Adam Goucher's Quality through Innovation and Eric Jacobson's Test This Blog. I'm going to use them to learn from and I'm going to use them as experienced content filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment