Spot any errors? let me know, but Unleash your pedant politely please.

Sunday 28 March 2010

iPad has the Attention of Consumers

I was in the supermarket this afternoon. I went in to buy milk, bread, ham and pasta. I came out with milk, bread, ham, pasta, a small pork pie and copy of Mac Format magazine.

Mac Format, which I haven't bought for years, lured me with its actual-size iPad cover. I had a brief conversation with the young woman at the checkout…

YWATC: "Ooh! Are you going to get one ?"
ME: "I think so, as long as I can afford it"
YWATC: "How much are they ?"
ME: "They're probably going to be about £400"
YWATC:"Oh, That's not too bad"

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law was talking about the iPad. Her techspertise, as far as I know, extends to buying stuff from eBay, using facebook and sending NSFW emails.

Ordinary people really want this thing. And before they've even seen one, too. They get simple in way that the average spec-blinded tech pundit never will.

The less said about the pork pie, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment